Sunday, November 14, 2010

Findings

So right now I’m in a car far from home, not even halfway there. I was up in DC this weekend with most of my immediate family for a special occasion, but that has nothing to do with this. I just wanted to post this to say that throughout all of our life, everyday even, we have findings and realizations. Some are small, and some life changing.

I’ve had a lot of the life-changing ones recently. Whether it’s who I am, how I want to dress, who I want to hang out with, what I want to do with my life, music, or greater than all others, how strong I am with my faith. I’ve had a lot of people ask me questions about my faith, and I’ve had a lot “diss”, if you will, my beliefs, as in anti-abortion (pro-life) and the fact that I am Catholic. It does NOT change me, it does NOT break me, and it never will. With little things like fashion, I’m just finding out what I like to wear, if someone comes in wearing the new trends from Hollister I’m not going to freak out and go change how I dress. Sorry if you do that, I’m not trying to be offensive, it’s just not me. Nor do I change a belief of mine, or how strong my religion is because someone tries to shoot it down.

Don’t let it shoot you down. If everyone got shot down after one blow at something they believed in, where would be? I know you’ve heard this a million times, so what’s one more going to hurt- Martin Luther King Jr., if he stopped fighting for his rights once someone told him he wouldn’t get them, where would we be? If Jesus had stopped once persecuted I wouldn’t even be here today typing this up on Microsoft Word. We can’t lose hope once someone doesn’t agree with us; we need to know this.

Wow, I got a little off topic; I tend to do that.

Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

James 1: 3

I’m in the middle of some highway in (I think?) Virginia, I’ve missed it here. I used to live in this area, and a few hours up is where my first mission trip was. Soon enough I’ll be back home and I’ll be going to my church. It’s been a long weekend, and I’m so glad I’m stuck in this car right now because I’ve FINALLY had the chance to just belt out, let it loose, and I couldn’t be happier.

Love always.

No comments: