Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ashes

Lent.

Oh boy. That's always supposed to be a challenge that comes hand in hand with Lent, because we're supposed to give something up. But really, it's an eye opener. It makes you think, "what am I really to unattached to?" When I started to think about things to give up, Facebook popped into my mind. If you know me, and you're my friend on facebook, you KNOW I use it a lot. Way too much. I tried to find ways to give up only a part of facebook, or for a restricted time. That just made me know even more that I had to give it up. I had to put my best foot forward and give up what was distracting me... just for forty days.

Not even. I'm going to use it a little on Sundays, which is almost like cheating. For no more than fifteen minutes though. What I'm trying to say here is I'm giving up my biggest "addiction". What are you doing?

I know some high schooler who are giving up facebook too, or cussing, or soda, or even sugar (like desserts). I'm here for them every step of the way. Some of them aren't even Christian, they just know they need to get out those distractions so they can get rid of those distractions. Once we, as Christians, get rid of distractions we can focus on God SO MUCH MORE.

I remember before school started, I made a post called FOG: all about focusing on God. I want to get back to that.


Good luck on Lent, guys!
Expect more frequent posts!
Love, Emma


I'm in the middle of a challenge, what's yours?

No comments: